Good question. We’re glad you asked.
Before Mii (pronounced Me) even had a name, we asked thousands of women what makeup meant to them. The answers were as varied as the people who gave them, but one common theme shone through – confidence. The empowerment that comes from wearing that perfect product, but also the uncertainty that a product is right for us.
Years of beauty buying inevitably results in that bottom drawer of makeup mistakes (yes, that one); the trend colours that salesperson applied, never to be used again; the foundation that looked perfect in the department store, but actually isn’t quite right.
So we set a goal – to close the drawer on those makeup mistakes and give women the power to ensure that every beauty decision is the right one.
Nice aspiration. But how exactly would we do that? By speaking to them, of course. As a ‘crowd sourced’ beauty brand, our products begin their life as feedback - from those who actually use them - our Mii tribe throughout the world. Then we add our expertise and work with leading cosmetic chemists, skin experts and makeup artists to bring the ideas to life. That was our process for the initial launch in 2010. And it continues to be today.
Our premium formulas include the highest quality ingredients for lasting performance and simple application (time poor, anyone??) while shades are either timeless, or a wearable take on trends. And before any product ever sees the light of day, it is tried tested by a pool of very keen (and very honest!) beauty lovers to make sure it deserves a place in your makeup bag.
So when it came to name our brand, that part was simple. Because actually, Mii is all about you.
More about Mii:
- Mii was created for the spa and salon environment. The feedback of skin therapists is an integral part of Mii’s development.
- Within our range is a 100% natural, gemstone infused pure mineral line. These products are perfect for sensitive skin conditions (including acne, rosacea and even post facial and laser skin).
- Mii launched in London in 2011 and is the choice of over 1500 UK spas and salons. The brand is now available in 22 countries – and launched in Australia in 2019.
- The London based creators of Mii are a family run company, Gerrard International. They are the UK’s leading professional beauty suppliers and have been doing so for 25 years. They know their stuff.
- Mii is proudly cruelty free and certified by the Beauty without Bunnies programme. Mii has never tested, and will never test, on animals.
- If you're a beauty professional looking to offer makeup to your clients, we'd love to hear from you. Please send email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form on our Professional Mii page.